Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hello Fall....



Today is officially the 1st day of Fall.  This is my favorite season and I absolutely love this time of year.  There isn't much, if anything at all that I don't like about it.

I look forward to all that Fall offers, like pumpkin and apple picking.  This year it's even more exciting to me because we get to take our sweet boy for the 1st time.  He just turned 1 this month.  I can't wait to see his face when he sees all of the pumpkins in the field.  You can be sure that I will have the camera in hand and ready to capture these cherished moments.  I know he is too young to help, but I want to carve a pumpkin just for him.  This is a task I've never attempted before, never in my 30 years.  It should be interesting and fun.



Apple picking is something else I am looking forward to.  I'm already thinking of all of the tasty recipes I can try my hand at.  For example, just a simple and easy, homemade apple sauce for our little man.


Then, there's Halloween which is even more exciting.  We haven't found a costume that we really love for him yet, but we haven't given up.  There is one out there and we'll find it.

Decorating for any holiday / birthday gives me joy.  It reminds me of my childhood.  No matter how much or how little money we had, my mom always made sure to make the holidays and every birthday special by decorating the entire place.  She always made it so festive and this is one of my fondest memories.  I look forward to doing the same for our son. 

I also can't get enough of the Fall weather.  The cooler temperatures are wonderful and so is being able to wear cute sweaters with dark wash jeans and cute shoes/boots.  Then, there's also the changing of the leaves.  Living in the North East is so beautiful this time of year.  Being able to go for a nice drive or even a nice walk and taking in all the Autumn colors can be breathtaking, relaxing, and just so enjoyable.


Let's not forget one last thing that is FALL.  That would be FOOTBALL.  Every Sunday and just about every Monday night, you can find us in our team gear with the games on and great food.

Oh, how I adore Fall and am looking forward to enjoying all it has to offer with my two loves, my husband and sweet boy.

So, Happy Fall to all of you who may or may not be reading.  Get out there and enjoy this beautiful time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment